“ What stages are there on the assessment day for the 360 programme? ”

Zohra Y. asked a question
during the live chat Top tips for applying to KPMG
to KPMG UK Recruitment Team

30/10/2017
31 Live chat
Hello I am applying for the 360 programme and am waiting for the assessment centre date
30/10/2017
Student Recruitment Coordinator, KPMG UK

Hi Zohra Y. Thank you for your message! At the KPMG360 assessment centre day, please expect the following structure: Welcome and icebreakers, group activity, written report, final interview and a learning reflection.

The KPMG Student Recruitment team are currently in the process of organising Assessment Centres across the country and we will be in contact with candidates within the next few weeks to confirm dates.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any way I could prepare for the assessment and what advice would you give ?

And also are you going to factor every stage in to pick out a successful candidate or will you pick the people who did the best at the assessment day?

30/10/2017
Kausar Q.

I was wondering how best to prepare for the written task ?

30/10/2017

At the assessment centre, KPMG will be monitoring your performance on a variety of behavioural capabilities. These will be assessed across all tasks on the day, therefore, the most beneficial way to prepare for this Assessment Centre is to ensure you have evaluated our behavioural capabilities. Your interview will consist of competency style questions, therefore, try and think of scenarios and experiences where you have demonstrated these. The link to further information is here:
www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-a… 

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Thank you!

30/10/2017

The final decision will be made on your performance on the Assessment Centre, not previous stages.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Ok thanks! So grades and work experience would not affect the final decision?

30/10/2017
Wenjuan(Emily) W.

Good afternoon. I am just wondering how do you deal with people who are a bit nervous? Generally speaking, in daily life, I am a quite relaxed person. However, for interviews I am quite nervous since the interview itself seems artificial to me and I have never experienced this before even though I am trying to get myself exposed in different public events as much as possible? Thank you.

30/10/2017

Hi Zohra, if you are already at the Assessment Centre stage that would mean you have passed this part of the recruitment process and your current academics meet our entry requirements. Please note, if you are successful and you are yet to obtain your academic grades, your offer will be condition upon you meeting our minimum entry requirements on results day.

Hi Emily, we attempt to make our Assessment Centres as stress free as possible! Upon arrival, you will be met by a KPMG employee who will do introductions and icebreakers (which are unassessed) in order to settle in our candidates to the environment.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

No thats fine I have obtained the minimum requirements, but what I meant was people who have better grades than the other candidates would they have an advantage over the others in being successful?

30/10/2017

Hi Zohra, correct your academics have already met our benchmark so it will be down to performance on the date of the assessment centre.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Ok thanks

30/10/2017
Shah R.

Hi Hannah, in regards to the behavioural capabilities, as we've been assessed on quite a few throughout the process should we expect to prepare for all of them or the ones that havent been assessed as of yet in the interview at the assessment centre?

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Also how will we have to use the behavioural capabilities on the written report and if not how can we prepare for the written report?

30/10/2017

Hi Shah, I would prepare for all behavioural capabilities as some will be tested multiple times through our recruitment process. Therefore, they will be re-evaluated at the Assessment Centre stage.

30/10/2017
Wenjuan(Emily) W.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Your answer is very helpful.

30/10/2017

The written report will still assess behavioural capabilities. However, you will not have set guidelines (such as in the interview) as to where this is being implemented. Therefore, I recommend ensuring you keep all of our behaviours in mind whilst writing your report and how you could demonstrate this through your ideas.

30/10/2017
Gemma B.

What will the type of focus of the report be on?

30/10/2017

Hi Gemma, unfortunately we are unable to provide any information on the brief of the written report at this stage. This information will be provided to you during the brief prior to your report on the day of the assessment centre.

30/10/2017
Gemma B.

Thank you!

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Will there be an increase of apprentices accepted from last year or does it just depend on the number of applicants applying?

30/10/2017

Hi Zohra, we have a set amount of vacancies for the KPMG360 and KPMG360 digital route. Therefore, once these set roles are filled our recruitment process will close.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Thanks for the quick replies!

30/10/2017
Eva P.

Is there a higher amount of vacancies in any of the locations?

30/10/2017
Joe P.

What are the key differences between the 360 and the digital 360?

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

London I think?

30/10/2017

Hi Eva, yes different locations will have a different amount of vacancies within them.

Hi Joe, the KPMG360 Programme is a rotational programme around Tax, Audit and Advisory and is either a 3 or 6 year programme. The KPMG360 Digital route is a rotational programme around KPMGs Technology teams, whilst studying towards a Degree in Technology. This programme is a 4 year route.

30/10/2017
Joe P.

Thanks

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Also if a candidate is successful, however does not obtain the requirement grades will the position be passed to another candidate and if yes how do you decide?

30/10/2017

Hi Zohra, these decisions will be made upon results day on an individual basis due to extenuating circumstances. If we are unable to bring a candidate through to the programme following on from results day, we will then provide this offer to another candidate. This decision would be made on the date of which they have submitted their application due to our rolling recruitment system.

30/10/2017
Zohra Y.

Ok thank you sorry to bother with so many questions!

Add to this thread

KPMG UK

KPMG in the UK, is part of a global network of firms offering Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients, to help them to solve some of the most complex business challenges, applying innovative approaches, deep expertise and the power of disruptive technologies.

Graduate and undergraduate trainees at KPMG have the opportunity to join a people-led organisation, be part an inspiring team and work with some of the brightest minds in business – all while embracing technologies of the future. We work across the broadest range of clients and sectors, from the biggest multinationals through to the most innovative start-ups. Focused on delivering the highest quality, we have a simple vision: to be the clear choice for our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
KPMG colleagues come from all sorts of degree disciplines and universities, bringing their own unique perspectives and backgrounds, but sharing a natural curiosity, a desire to work together and explore new ideas, inspire change and deliver real results for clients.

Our innovative Launch Pad assessment at the final stage of the process, ensures successful candidates receive a job offer in just 2 working days. Right from the start, graduate and undergraduate trainees will gain exposure to a variety of interesting projects and clients, whilst receiving the support they need to succeed. Equally, through exceptional training, mentoring, professional qualifications and initiatives that give back to communities, trainees will be encouraged to develop a rewarding career within the firm.

Life at KPMG means being part of a fast-moving, intellectually challenging and supportive community, where graduates and undergraduates are empowered to learn, grow and thrive.

Visit website