Ellie G.
“ How can I stand out in a Launch Pad event? ”

Ellie G. asked a question
during the live chat Chat with a current trainee
to KPMG UK Recruitment Team

on 08/11/2017
6 Live chat
I have been invited to a launch pad on the 23rd Nov, and I really want to show I'm a strong candidate. Do you have any insider advice about how to perform well in a launch pad, and if there is anything I can do to really stand out against other strong candidates?
on 08/11/2017
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator, KPMG UK

Hi Ellie, thanks for your question. The main bit of advice I'd give in preparation for the Launch Pad event is to really study KPMG's Behavioural Capabilities as that's what you're being assessed on throughout the day during the various exercises - these are found on KPMG's website. Most importantly, be yourself and be confident

Ellie G.
on 08/11/2017
Ellie G.

Thank you for your quick response, is there any background knowledge that would aid me in my assessment centre? Such as technological developments (E.G 'Clara') or a web page I could go to see the recent news that KPMG is involved in? (I'm applying for a Graduate Audit role)

on 08/11/2017

There is a heavy focus on Technology during the group exercise on your Launch Pad day, however all tasks during the day are reactive to the information we provide throughout, e.g. during your written exercise no prior knowledge is required as all information relevant to the answer will be provided in a handout

Ellie G.
on 08/11/2017
Ellie G.

That's really helpful thank you. As a graduate what pace of career progression is expected once finishing my professional qualifications (ACA)? And would there be an opportunity to laterally move into a different division within KPMG- For example after completing my Audit training would I be able to move into Risk?

on 08/11/2017

The pace of career progression once you're qualified is entirely in your hands, there is lots of opportunity to move laterally, KPMG offer a lot of secondments and will provide support for you to reach your full potential within the company, even if that means trying your hand in a different department. Provided the vacancy is there, so is the opportunity

Ellie G.
on 08/11/2017
Ellie G.

That's really exciting - a lot of opportunities! Thank you so much for your time, it's really appreciated, looking forward to Launch Pad!

Add to this thread

KPMG UK

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have 145,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 153 countries worldwide.

Our UK firm offers Audit, Tax, and Advisory services to thousands of clients, from some of the largest multinationals and best-known brands to public bodies and private individuals. This work takes us to the heart of the business world — we help clients grow and develop, advising on risk and helping to improve their financial performance.

Visit website