Holly P.
“ Around how many do you have to get right on the psychometric tests to pass and where can we practice them? ”

Holly P. asked a question
during the live chat Chat with a current trainee
to KPMG UK Recruitment Team

on 08/11/2017
11 Live chat
on 08/11/2017
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator, KPMG UK

Hi Holly, this entirely depends as there are more factors taken into account regarding the online tests. My advice would be that the more practice you do, the more comfortable you will feel with the types of questions as well as the wording. There aren't any specific practices you can do, however there are unlimited numbers of practice tests on Google, simply search 'practice verbal/numerical reasoning tests'

Holly P.
on 08/11/2017
Holly P.

Thank you, are the psychometric tests done before, during or after the assessment centre?

on 08/11/2017

Are you applying for the KPMG360 programme? If so, these will be completed before your Assessment Centre. If for a Graduate application, these are the first stages of the entire process

Holly P.
on 08/11/2017
Holly P.

Yes it’s for KPMG360, I have got to the assessment centre stage and waiting for a date, which psychometric tests are they? Are they numerical reasoning or those which you select the pattern which comes next?

on 08/11/2017

These will be inductive reasoning tests - so a potential mix

Holly P.
on 08/11/2017
Holly P.

Okay thank you, will I complete them at home?

Also do you have any tips for the written report on the assessment day? I don’t really have experience in report writing and I’m quite nervous for that part! What are they looking for in it for us to get through?

on 08/11/2017

Yes, these will be emailed to you to complete before you attend your AC. In terms of the written exercise, we'll be assessing on a number of our Behavioural Capabilities but please don't be nervous! All the information you need will be given to you at the start of the exercise so it's more about how you analyse and extract information and put it into the report, as opposed to any prior knowledge of the topic (you won't need any prior knowledge!!)

Holly P.
on 08/11/2017
Holly P.

Thank you very much for your help! Which part of the assessment day would you say accounts for the biggest reason towards if you get accepted or not?

on 08/11/2017
Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, KPMG UK

Hi Holly, everything on the day contributes towards your place on the programme. Key elements of the day including the written exercise and interview are taken into account so we recommend you try your upmost in every exercise.

Holly P.
on 08/11/2017
Holly P.

Thank you Tori- also, if you don’t pass the psychometric tests would you not go on to the assessment centre?

on 08/11/2017
Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, KPMG UK

No worries. You don't do psychometric tests until you go on to do the assessment centre, so no.

Add to this thread

KPMG UK

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have 145,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 153 countries worldwide.

Our UK firm offers Audit, Tax, and Advisory services to thousands of clients, from some of the largest multinationals and best-known brands to public bodies and private individuals. This work takes us to the heart of the business world — we help clients grow and develop, advising on risk and helping to improve their financial performance.

Visit website