Zayba P.
“ At the assessment centre are we expected to complete a maths and english test? ”

Zayba P. asked a question
during the live chat Get Ahead - KPMG360° Business Services Q&A
to KPMG UK Recruitment Team

19/03/2018
12 Live chat
19/03/2018
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator, KPMG UK

No, just a handwritten exercise and an interview where we'll be looking for you to demonstrate KPMG's Behavioural Capabilities

19/03/2018
Zayba P.

Oh great! What types of questions will be asked? How much knowledge about KPMG are we expected to know?

19/03/2018

You'll be expected to have an understanding of the company and programme as well as being able to demonstrate evidence of our Behavioural Capabilities. The questions will be competency based, including a number of scenario-based questions as well

19/03/2018
Zayba P.

So basically thinking on your feet

19/03/2018

Essentially, yep

19/03/2018
Zayba P.

Okay thanks

19/03/2018

Or thinking of times when you've demonstrated these before so you've got them in your mind when the questions come up

19/03/2018
Zayba P.

Since I'm a school leaver I can use scenarios of working with pupils and what I done to overcome difficulties? Such as being an enthusiastic individual, thriving of challenges and tasks and also being able to help others when they need help: communication skills. I have applied for the London business apprenticeship

19/03/2018
Business Support Assistant Manager, KPMG UK

Absolutely - we appreciate that candidates will have limited work experience, so do use any examples you think might be relevant.

19/03/2018
Sadia A.

How many people did you take in per city?

19/03/2018
Business Support Assistant Manager, KPMG UK

That's right Zayba. Sadia - numbers differ per office, I'm not sure how many London will be taking in this year but if you've already applied early, that is a good start!

19/03/2018
Sadia A.

Thank you Hannah

Add to this thread

KPMG UK

KPMG in the UK, is part of a global network of firms offering Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients, to help them to solve some of the most complex business challenges, applying innovative approaches, deep expertise and the power of disruptive technologies.

Graduate and undergraduate trainees at KPMG have the opportunity to join a people-led organisation, be part an inspiring team and work with some of the brightest minds in business – all while embracing technologies of the future. We work across the broadest range of clients and sectors, from the biggest multinationals through to the most innovative start-ups. Focused on delivering the highest quality, we have a simple vision: to be the clear choice for our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
KPMG colleagues come from all sorts of degree disciplines and universities, bringing their own unique perspectives and backgrounds, but sharing a natural curiosity, a desire to work together and explore new ideas, inspire change and deliver real results for clients.

Our innovative Launch Pad assessment at the final stage of the process, ensures successful candidates receive a job offer in just 2 working days. Right from the start, graduate and undergraduate trainees will gain exposure to a variety of interesting projects and clients, whilst receiving the support they need to succeed. Equally, through exceptional training, mentoring, professional qualifications and initiatives that give back to communities, trainees will be encouraged to develop a rewarding career within the firm.

Life at KPMG means being part of a fast-moving, intellectually challenging and supportive community, where graduates and undergraduates are empowered to learn, grow and thrive.

Visit website