Anthony D.
“ Job offer at the end of an internship? ”

Anthony D. asked a question in topic Career Choices
to Any Accounting, Audit & Financial Mgt Insiders

15/11/2013
Hi,

I'm looking into doing an internship and I am looking at various companies and factors as I believe my internship will have a big impact on the future. Just want to ask whether any of you received your job after an internship with KPMG? Is it common practise that this happens (based on good performance, of course)

Thanks in advance.

Anthony
15/11/2013
Stephen P.

Hi Anthony,

I have known quite a few colleagues within KPMG who have secured positions after an internship here. However, this will not be an automatic offer based on your performance. If you perform well and you are interested at joining KPMG full time, you will usually be offered a chance for a Partner interview. This is basically the last step in the normal graduate recruitment process which means that you would have skipped online tests, a telephone interview and an assessment centre. Having worked on the internship also means that you will have much better understanding of the business and also that you would already have met and networked with the team. Hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,
Stephen

30/08/2014
Jingying T.

but how to get an internship at KPMG then ? like I want to join center service, marketing position, how can I get an internship in that department then? Many thanks.

16/09/2014
Graduate Trainee - Audit Graduate Programme, KPMG UK

Hi Anthony & Jingying,

I did the internship with KPMG and now work full time within KPMG as a graduate auditor. The internship definitely helped me to get the job as I was effectively able to have an 8 week interview!!

As Anthony said, you will undertake the normal graduate recruitment process to get to the internship - so you do the online tests, telephone interview and first half of the assessment centre, and then you are told whether or not you have got the internship. At the end of the internship you then are able to have the final partner interview to secure the job. The majority of those I know who accepted the offer of a partner interview got the job afterwards!

If you apply for the internship the only part of the recruitment process you skip is the second half of the assessment day. This means that interns and graduates still (largely) go through the same recruitment process.

Jingying - it would be worth getting in touch with our graduate recruitment team - ukfmgraduate@kpmg.co.uk  - to ask if we do anything in the marketing department at KPMG for internships. As far as I am aware, we only offer undergraduate internships in Audit, Tax & Pensions, and Advisory, though it might be that there are other programmes available that I haven't heard about!

Good luck to you both!

Sophie B

16/09/2014
Jingying T.

Thank you for message,
As I knew, one of my friend told me that he was referred by someone who worked at KPMG for the internship position in the next year, looks like if someone referred you, then you can directly get the interview, and even skip the online test, may I ask you is that possible, please? Many thanks.

16/09/2014
Graduate Trainee - Audit Graduate Programme, KPMG UK

Hi Jingying,

I'm afraid that this is not the case - candidates can put the name of an employee they know at KPMG and that employee may recommend you (and I suppose might put in a good word for you), but this does not allow you to skip any of the recruitment process, or fast track you through it...

I hope this helps.

Sophie B

Add to this thread

KPMG UK

KPMG in the UK, is part of a global network of firms offering Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients, to help them to solve some of the most complex business challenges, applying innovative approaches, deep expertise and the power of disruptive technologies.

Graduate and undergraduate trainees at KPMG have the opportunity to join a people-led organisation, be part an inspiring team and work with some of the brightest minds in business – all while embracing technologies of the future. We work across the broadest range of clients and sectors, from the biggest multinationals through to the most innovative start-ups. Focused on delivering the highest quality, we have a simple vision: to be the clear choice for our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
KPMG colleagues come from all sorts of degree disciplines and universities, bringing their own unique perspectives and backgrounds, but sharing a natural curiosity, a desire to work together and explore new ideas, inspire change and deliver real results for clients.

Our innovative Launch Pad assessment at the final stage of the process, ensures successful candidates receive a job offer in just 2 working days. Right from the start, graduate and undergraduate trainees will gain exposure to a variety of interesting projects and clients, whilst receiving the support they need to succeed. Equally, through exceptional training, mentoring, professional qualifications and initiatives that give back to communities, trainees will be encouraged to develop a rewarding career within the firm.

Life at KPMG means being part of a fast-moving, intellectually challenging and supportive community, where graduates and undergraduates are empowered to learn, grow and thrive.

Visit website